IFU Juice Conference South Africa
Following their successful 70th anniversary Juice Conference in Mexico last year, the IFU are now looking forward to the 2020 international conference which will take place over two days in the famous Stellenbosch wine region of South Africa. This event will be held in conjunction with the South African Fruit Juice Association…
Following their successful 70th anniversary Juice Conference in Mexico last year, the IFU are now looking forward to the 2020 international conference which will take place over two days in the famous Stellenbosch wine region of South Africa. This event will be held in conjunction with the South African Fruit Juice Association (SAFJA) and will be combined with their annual meetings. With an expected attendance of over 200 participants, the conference is a wonderful opportunity to meet and engage with other juice industry professionals from around the world.
It will be held at the Spier wine farm and conference hotel near Stellenbosch which is one of the oldest wine farms in the region, with a recorded history dating back to 1692. It is home to one of the largest collections of contemporary South African art and its wines are among the most awarded in the country.
Well-known speakers will give presentations covering a variety of informative and interesting topics relevant to the global juice industry, as well as the African market, including the following:
- Global Juice Market: focusing on Europe, the USA and Asia and the complexities of exporting into Africa
- African Juice Market: Flavour matters; Deciduous and Citrus in Africa; Making juice in Senegal
- Supply Chain: Tropicals in Africa; Global transportation issues including Africa; Global apple juice market (including AJ used for cider)
- Quality & Technology: Thermal and non-thermal juice stabilisation technologies overview; Supply chain QA including the detection of lemon & lime; Rapid microbiological methods; Future of authenticity testing; Juice and more – how to create best value from citrus; Enzymatic methods of analysis in fruit juice
- Health & Nutrition: Juice PR; Plant based nutrition; The power of industry collaboration to help reach sustainable development goals
- Sustainability: Use of by-products; SIG on sustainability; Recycling and circular economy
On both evenings, participants will have the chance to network at a welcome dinner on day one and over drinks and canapés on day two.
There will be also an opportunity to take part in an exclusive wine tasting event the day before and visits to local producers in the area have been arranged for the day after the conference.
For more details about attending this exciting event and to experience South African hospitality, visit the IFU website.