Tate & Lyle: Board changes
Tate & Lyle PLC announces that Kimberly Nelson will join the Board as a non-executive director and a member of the Audit and Nominations Committees on 1 July 2019.
Tate & Lyle PLC announces that Kimberly (Kim) Nelson will join the Board as a non-executive director and a member of the Audit and Nominations Committees on 1 July 2019. Kim brings extensive experience and knowledge of the food and beverage industry to the Board having worked for General Mills Inc. for nearly 30 years. During her career at General Mills, she held a number of senior brand and general management roles before becoming Senior Vice President, External Relations in 2010. Kim retired from General Mills Inc. in 2018. She is a US citizen.
The following changes to the Board and Board Committees will take effect at the conclusion of the Company’s AGM on 25 July 2019:
- Douglas Hurt will retire from the Board, having served as a non-executive director since March 2010, as the Chair of the Audit Committee since March 2015 and as Senior Independent Director since January 2017.
- Warren Tucker is appointed as Chair of the Audit Committee.
- Paul Forman is appointed as Senior Independent Director.
- Dr Ajai Puri will step down from the Remuneration Committee and join the Audit Committee.
- Sybella Stanley will step down from the Audit Committee and join the Remuneration Committee.
- Paul Forman will step down from the Remuneration Committee.
Dr Gerry Murphy, Chairman of Tate & Lyle, said: “I am delighted that Kim has agreed to join the Board. Her appointment recognises the importance of the US to Tate & Lyle, in terms of our customers, operations and employees. Her substantial experience in the food and beverage industry will be of significant benefit to the Board.”
“I would like to thank Douglas Hurt for his nine years of outstanding service and significant contribution to the Board and, in particular, for his time served as Chairman of the Audit Committee and as Senior Independent Director.”
There are no further disclosures to be made in connection with Ms Nelson’s appointment pursuant to paragraph 9.6.13 of the Financial Conduct Authority’s Listing Rules.