ADM unveiled the ADM Food Technology (Pinghu) Co., Ltd., a state-of-the-art, fully automated flavour production facility situated in Pinghu, Zhejiang Province, China.
“Since our acquisition of WILD Flavours in 2014, we’ve invested in organic growth, bolt on and platform M&A, and new innovations and technologies to build ADM into a premier global human and animal nutrition company,” said Chairman and CEO Juan Luciano. “Our strategic actions have benefited our customers and our shareholders alike: we’re achieving key financial goals and delivering record results in no small part because we’ve become the partner of choice for customers around the globe as they meet growing and evolving demand for healthy, delicious foods and beverages from nature. Our new, leading edge flavour facility in Pinghu will serve as ADM’s flavour supply hub in APAC, allowing us to leverage our expertise and leading-edge technologies and build out the ADM pantry to further meet customer needs and advance our growth strategy.”
The 27,000+ square meter flavour production facility is strategically located within an hour of Shanghai, bringing geographic advantages for ADM’s customers while providing the company with direct access to top talent. The complex features:
- The latest in automated flavour lines with advanced dosing technology, along with technologies to ensure seamless and efficient management of complex processes;
- Labs dedicated to flavour production, taste design and product development;
- ISO 9001 and FSSC 22000 V5.1 certifications; and
- Capability to meet demand for specific dietary needs, including Halal and Kosher certified products.
- The Pinghu facility is the latest of ADM’s strategic growth investments in its global Nutrition business. Other recent expansions include:
- The planned acquisition of a 75 % ownership stake in PetDine, Pedigree Ovens, The Pound Bakery and NutraDine, premier providers of private label pet treats and supplements;
- The planned acquisition of Sojaprotein, a leading European provider of non-GMO human nutrition protein solutions; and
- The acquisition of Golden Farm, a state-of-the-art animal nutrition premix provider in Vietnam.
ADM has more than 5,000 employees throughout the wider Asia-Pacific region, across more than 50 operations and business sites, including a recently opened state-of-the-art plant-based innovation lab in Singapore; technical innovation centers in China, Singapore, Australia, Japan and Vietnam; and production and processing facilities, grain origination, grain destination marketing warehouses and trading operations across the region. ADM also owns a strategic stake in Singapore-based Wilmar International Limited, a leading agribusiness and packaged food and oil company in the region.