As per a new Fact.MR analysis, the global bottled tea market is forecasted to expand at a CAGR of 4.5 % from 2023 to 2033. The market is valued at USD 50 billion in 2023 and is thus expected to reach a size of USD 78 billion by the end of 2033.
Black tea is also well known as a source of antioxidants that aid in the body’s elimination of free radicals. It doesn’t have any sodium, fat, sugar, carbonation, or added sweetness. It is almost calorie-free. It supports maintaining a proper fluid balance and improves general health.
- The camellia sinensis plant is used to produce all varieties of tea products, including green, black, oolong, and white, as per the National Institutes of Health.
“Rising adoption of flavoured bottled tea by Millennials”
Millennials choose tea in bottles over freshly brewed tea produced at home. The growing adoption of flavoured bottled tea by young consumers is boosting market expansion. Global demand for bottled iced tea beverages has been aided by Generation Z.
Decreased stress, antioxidants, and hydration are a few of the advantages of drinking bottled iced tea. As a result, people are adopting this beverage and supporting market growth. Also, the antioxidants in iced tea have the power to purify the body, eliminate toxins that have built up, and improve health.
“Increasing demand for discrete flavours of bottled tea in North America”
North America accounts for 60 % share of the global market due to rising customer desire for ready-to-drink beverages and consumer-driven product innovations.
Increasing demand for discrete flavours of bottled tea and the availability of premium tea brands are the elements supporting market expansion in the region.
Leading companies are attempting to boost their market presence by utilising novel ingredients & flavour combinations and maintaining quality control. Key bottled tea manufacturers are implementing strategies such as new developments, enhancing product standards, and launching new products following safety regulations to lower the environmental impact. They are focusing on authenticity and packaging, pricing trends, and improving supply chain management.
- Tiesta Tea, a Chicago-based loose-leaf tea company, launched a new line of functional cold-brew bottled tea in targeted grocery stores in the U.S.
- Buddha Teas, a California-based brand ventured into Latin America, Mexico, with its bottled tea and beverages, cannabidiol blends, and RTD matcha beverages.
- DanonWave-owned Brand Stok launched a new range of cold brew beverages, including Stok Yerba Mate Cold Brew Teas, which are ready-to-drink bottled tea ranges.
- Arcadia Beverage launched Zumora, a new clean-label beverage line, including bottled tea.
These insights are based on a report on Bottled Tea Market by Fact.MR.