Detection and Enumeration of Spore-forming Thermo-Acidophilic Spoilage bacteria (Alicyclobacillus spp.)
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition (IFU Method No. 12: 2007), which has been technically revised.
The main changes, compared to IFU Method No. 12:2007, are the following.
- The tittle of the method has been changed.
- The optional usage of several media has been changed to the usage of one liquid (BAT broth) and one solid medium (BAT agar).
- A new pour plating technique is introduced for enumeration in 1 g.
- Performance testing for the quality assurance of the culture media has been added to Annex B.
- Performance characteristics for this method have been added to Annex D.
- Optional pre-incubation of packed ready-to-drink products has been added to Annex E.
- Matrix-dependent special processes have been added to Annex F.
This method has been revised and has been loaded onto the IFU website. Please select the heading Methods of Analysis and the drop down menu Microbiological Methods. The method is available to corporate members as part of the subscription. Non members can buy the method via the store link on the website