Propel® Zero Uncovers Hydration Habits And Surprising Benefits Of Water Consumption
Propel® Zero, an enhanced water, in collaboration with Harris Interactive, has just released the results of…
Propel® Zero, an enhanced water, in collaboration with Harris Interactive, has just released the results of a new national survey that dives deep into the US water consumption habits. The survey also highlights many benefits of staying hydrated that many of the 2,202 adults aged 18 and over weren't aware of when polled earlier this fall season.
The survey findings include:
• Less than half of adults (47 %) think they are getting enough water based on the Adequate Intake (AI) standards set by the Institute of Medicine- 13 cups (104 ounces) for men and 9 cups (72 ounces) for women per day
• 52 % of male adults say they are getting enough water, significantly more so than their female counterparts (43 %)
• Of those who drink enhanced water, 85 % say it is for a change of pace from plain tap or bottled water
• Over four in five (83 %) adults who drink enhanced water say they drink it to get additional vitamins, antioxidants and/or minerals
"One of the key reasons adults aren't getting enough water is because they prefer to drink something that has at least some flavor," said Joel Harper, celebrity personal trainer and fitness expert. "That's one of the benefits of drinking enhanced water, like Propel Zero: you can get naturally fruit flavored water with zero calories, not to mention vitamins C & E, B vitamins and antioxidents. Similar to how you might want to mix up your workout routine, you want to mix up your water routine."
Perhaps some of the most shocking results uncovered by the survey is consumers' lack of knowledge surrounding the benefits of drinking water:
• 56 % of U.S. adults are unaware that drinking water can help improve physical performance (e.g., joint health, blood circulation) and support sexual health
• 47 % of U.S. adults are unaware that drinking water helps aid weight loss programs
• 49 % of U.S. adults are unaware that drinking water helps skin health and helps people to feel better about their physical appearance of hair, nails and skin
• 49 % of U.S. adults are unaware that drinking water helps support cognitive processes (e.g., improved concentration, alertness, short term memory)
About Propel® Zero
Propel® Zero is the zero-calorie, nutrient-enhanced water that replenishes (with Vitamins C, E), energizes (with B Vitamins) and protects (with antioxidants). Propel Zero comes in seven ready-to-drink flavors: berry, grape, black cherry, lemon, blueberry pomegranate, kiwi-strawberry and peach. It is also available in powder form with eight flavorful ways to enhance your water on-the-go.