HoTTec Packaging Solutions For Hot Filling
Over the last decade LOG has developed the unique HoTTec technology for producing hot fill PET bottles and hot fill PET jars that…
Over the last decade LOG has developed the unique HoTTec technology for producing hot fill PET bottles and hot fill PET jars that withstand high filling temperature. This technology was developed for customers who wish to convert from glass to PET bottles while retaining product quality but with relatively low investments on existing filling line.
LOG's bottles and jars are based on the following technologies:
• The conventional bottle with panels (working with the vacuum)
• The bottle with rings (working to resist the vacuum)
• And the new smooth walled bottle for filling with Nitro (balance the vacuum)
All 3 bottles technologies are available in the main 4 volume sizes 250 ml, 330 ml, 500 ml and 1000 ml as well as in customized (branded) design and volume. The bottles have a standard 28 mm or 38 mm neck finish suitable for standard hot fill caps. The bottles are produced at LOG GmbH site in Thueringen, Germany.
Each technology has its advantage:
• The conventional design offers a standard mature technology for a high quality sleeve labelling
• The design with horizontal rings offers the same mature technology but can be used with less expensive wrap-around paper labels
• The design for filling with nitro offers beneath reduced bottle weight the possibility to use standard labels or sticker
Due to customers requirement a new modification in material & design has allowed LOG to provide a solution for a higher filling temperature of up to 95º C (203 degree Fahrenheit) for tomato juice, which opened opportunities for new market segments that until today could only be filled in glass because of the high filling temperature needed.